Monday, August 23, 2010

Crandall Canyon Memorial Run

My sister-in-law Heidi asked us back in the spring if we wanted to do the Crandall Canyon Memorial Run with her. I'm really glad that we did. It was a lot of fun to do a run with Heidi, Adam, Ashlee, and Austin. Plus, the scenery in Huntington canyon was so beautiful to run in. Paul and I decided to do the half marathon because we had never done one before. We were both able to finish, which was my goal. Except, I won't say we weren't tired or ready to be done running by the time we finished. 13 miles is a ways to go, and my running shoes were killing my feet. I probably should have worn different shoes because by the time I got done, I had two blisters and a really swollen toe nail. I was hobbling by the time I crossed the finish line. I wish my feet wouldn't have hurt so bad because I didn't really feel exhausted, I just had sore feet. Paul ran so fast so I saw him when we started and not again until we finished. Ashlee did a great job and finished the 5k faster then any of the other girls who ran it, and Heidi ran her entire 5k. They are both so awesome!! It was fun to have my Dad, Mom, Travis, and Michelle there to cheer us on.




Paul Finished In 2 Hours


I Finished In 2 Hours 17 Minutes


We Did It!!

2 comments:

TravisandTaryn Barrett said...

Hey thanks a lot for letting me know you were down this way:((lol Huntington canyon is gorgeous, we've been up there a couple of times already.

Mel and Nate said...

Megs!!!! I miss you! And it looks like you have had an awesome summer. I wish I could run like you! Nate and I did a hlaf marathon when we were first married and I think I almost died....really. I was seriously finishing with the elderly people. I love you!!! We need to go to Oprah again. Will you try to apply for tickets and I will find a way to pay for your flight if we get picked? I cannot apply anymore. You and Paul are so cute!