Monday, December 6, 2010

It's A Boy!!

It's official, Paul and I are having a baby boy!! He's set to make his arrival on May 15th, and we couldn't be happier!! We found out on September 23rd that we were expecting, but decided not to tell our family until Thanksgiving when we were all together. Last week on Thursday, we had an ultra sound at 16 weeks and found out that it's a BOY!! This was the first time Paul went to an appointment with me, and it was so awesome to see the baby together. He's already an active, little boy who was moving all over the place.

Since then, we've told all of our friends and it's no longer a secret. It's been fun telling everyone and receiving their excitement and love. We really have such great family and friends who are all just as excited as we are. We told Paul's family over Thanksgiving dinner. Paul's Dad always asks us at Thanksgiving what we're thankful for. When the question was posed, Paul showed everyone the pictures from our first ultra sound at 9 weeks. They were all so happy! We told my family while making gingerbread houses. We brought pink and blue candy, and Paul brought it in when everyone was there making houses. My Mom got really excited and came screaming and running to give me a hug.

Now, I'm at 17 weeks and feeling pretty good. Throughout the pregnancy, I've been really lucky and haven't had terrible morning sickness. I've felt more tired and there have been times where I feel a little sick, but I've been lucky not to throw up every morning or at work. So far, the biggest challenge is brushing my teeth in the morning. Sometimes it will set off my gag reflex, which will sometimes lead to throwing up even if I haven't eaten anything. It's not the most attractive thing. I also had a couple of weeks early on where bananas gave me an upset stomach.... weird!!

My belly is starting to grow and my clothes are getting pretty snug, but it's fun to see all of the changes, and I can't wait until I can start to feel him move. We love you baby BOY!!

Here are a few of our ultrasound pictures....




5 comments:

Mandy B said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I don't have an all caps big enough for you two. I'm so excited. What an amazing journey you, Paul, and the puppies are going to have.

Michelle and Travis said...

Once again, I'm so excited for the both of you and to meet this little boy! It will be a lot of fun to have a newborn in the family. I can't wait to hold him!

Cody said...

I can't wait to see him!!!!! Have you thought of any possible names? Love ya!

Cody said...

P.S. that was from Alanna. (we share a user)

~Alanna~

Jinksfam said...

I am so excited for you guys!!! And FINALLY one of our friends are joining the parenting game!!