Tuesday, July 28, 2009

These Boots Were Made For Walkin'


My work is having a series of competitions to get everyone participating in their wellness program. Last week's competition was walking as many steps as possible. Some of you may have noticed the stylish pedometer I've been sporting. Well, somehow, I made a bet with one of my co-workers to see who could walk the most out of the two of us. Little did I know that he would come out strong and was completely shocked me when he completed 36,000 steps in one day - not to mention having high numbers all week. It took me all week, but by Friday morning I was within 6,000 steps. The competition ended on Friday night, so Paul, being the great husband that he is, helped me destroy him. Among other activities like biking and running, we completed 46,000 steps on Friday. To do this, we walked from our house to the Oquirrh Temple, down to the Jordan River Temple, and back home. For those of you doing the math, that's 22 miles. It was actually pretty fun until we got to the Jordan River Temple. By then, our feet started to hurt, it was raining, we were tired, and still so far away from home. It took us several hours, but we completed it. I ended up walking 108,655 steps from Monday to Friday. I was pretty proud of myself!! I only placed 5th in the overall competition, but I won the bet!!

4 comments:

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!

Anonymous said...

Good Job!

I like the new picts on the top of the Blog.

mikeynannie said...

HOLY CRAP!! You are amazing Megan. That is super far to walk.

The Redhead said...

Boy you two are competitive!!! I can't believe you walked 22 miles!! Next time you go and do something crazy like that please stop by in advance to pick up my two crazy kids and the double stroller. They could use a good walk!
Oh yeah, you could have called me for a ride when the rain set in!