Saturday, December 6, 2008

Mine Tour

While staying at my parent's house last weekend, we were able to see the Crandall Canyon Mine memorials. My Dad also took us to the mine where he works. We weren't able to go inside, but he showed us some cool things. It's funny that I grew up in a mining community and know nothing about mines. My favorite part was seeing the control room. From there, they monitor everything in the mine and can even monitor where everyone is in the mine. It was an interesting tour!


Crandall Cayon Memorial at Huntington Canyon


Dave & Steve
They were having a blast running all around!


Deer Creek Mine


My Dad showing us how they "sign in" for work


Their Lights
I thought it was cool that the miners can get
messages sent to these red boxes while in the mine


Deer Creek Mine Entrance


The metal piping along the side of the road is a conveyor belt that
takes the coal from the mine to the power plant


No comments: